The couple will be required to take the Meyers-Briggs personality test, the Wagner Enneagram Personality Style Scales (WEPSS), and towards the end of the sessions, will take the Prepare Test. They will be required to purchase some marriage preparation workbooks. They will be required to read and study handouts, as well as practice assignments at home. We will meet for 24 sessions (2 per month).
- Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts Workbook for Women: Seven Questions to Ask Before—and After—You Marry… by Les Parrott and Leslie Parrott.
- Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts Workbook for Men: Seven Questions to Ask Before—and After—You Marry… by Les Parrott and Leslie Parrott.
- The Enneagram Spectrum of Personality Style by Jerome Wagner
- Maximizing Your Enneagram Type: A Workbook by John Carlini
The goals will be:
- To enable the couple to understand their individual personalities, strengths, and weakness
- To understand their partner’s personality style.
- To develop healthy communication patterns
- Empathic listening
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Formulating “I feel statements”
- Fighting a fair fight
- To face the myths of marriage and develop realistic and healthy goals as a couple
- To be ready to face life’s ups and downs as a healthy couple
The couple will come in for 24 training sessions (2 per month). They will be expected to complete all the assignments and come prepared to share openly and honestly.
Projected Start Date
Since this will be done privately with each couple, each time slot will be filled when a couple requests the training.