Spiritual Formation Classes
The class will meet two times per month for approximately 2 hours. This class will last for 30 sessions (10 sessions for each book). It is expected that each class member will attend all the classes. Each class member is expected to come prepared; having read through the assigned chapter, and having practiced the exercises and assigned disciplines. Each member is expected to spend at least 20 minutes per day reading, studying, and praying the weekly assignments.
We will be using The Good and Beautiful God, The Good and Beautiful Life, and The Good and Beautiful Community written by James Bryan Smith.
The three-fold goal each week is to:
- Examine our false beliefs and theology
- Replace these false beliefs with Biblical truth
- Make these new truths part of our lives through the practice of spiritual disciplines
Each week the class will be broken down into three parts:
- A time of sharing what God is doing in your life
- A lecture on the chapter and some “how to tips” for practicing the spiritual disciplines
- A time for questions
Projected Start Date
Whenever a group of at least 6 people can be put together.